Friday 14 December 2012

Evaluation 3: What have you learned from your audience feedback

Now that my digipak, magazine advert and music video was complete, i had a chance to gain feedback on all three products. I thought for this evaluation i would do it differently and film this evaluation. After thinking about what to do, i came to a decision that i would film three people from my target audience. I chose 2 males and one female, one male is in thier late 20's and the other in his late teens. The one female is also in her late teens.

Prior to having decided who i was going to film for this evaluation, i sent out a questionnaire to 10 people in my sixth form. The questions are based on my music video so i had them all watch it as many times as they wanted and graphed thier answers.

Above is a bar chart predicting the answers to the question, " On a scale 1-10, 1 being rubbish and 10 being brilliant, what would you rate my music video?" As you can see on the graph all the ratings are above 5, this was really encouraging for me as nobody thought it was rubbish. From this graph i have learned that hard work pays off because i put in hours into filming and editing my video, and to get rating like that really made it worthwhile.



Here is another question which was in the questionnaire, again the feedback was really encouraging as the majority of the audience would in fact download the album after having watched the video itself. The fact that 85% of the audience would buy it again indicates to me that they like the artist, the track and the music video or just one if them. This shows aport from the track that the work my partner and i did to find the artist and my work in editing the video was essential in thier decision in this particular question. In terms of what i learned, it relates directly to what i mentioned above, the work i and my partner put it came to good use in the end.






This is carmella, she is in my media class and i asked her to give feedback on my video. Although she did not say any negatives or improvements she said quiet alot of positives. She mentions that she liked the way i used to black and white colour. Secondly, she mentioned that she liked the way i editied to the beat. In alot of music videos, the visuals are edited to the beat so since our track had a constant beat with noticable riffs, i thought to edit to the beat.





This is mr molloy who is a teacher at my school. He really went into depth when talking about my video. He says that my video is dynamic, and he like the effects that i use. However, he thought that the way he acted could have been defferent. I totally agree with this as i noticed this myself and was a major obstacle when editing the video. Our artist did not lip sync accurtely, i.e. he did not exaggurate his lips enough to the track. To resolve this i replaced the parts where he is not lip synching with other clips in my sequence.






This is rahul who is a member of the sixth form here at park high. Having looked at my digipak and magazine advert he had positives and negative feedback to give to me.


This is the panoramic shot that i included in my digipak and what rahul is talking about. Having looked at other digipaks for inspiration, i came across rihanna's digipak and saw that she also had one shot that covered all 3 of the inner sides. I thought that this was really effective so i decided to take a panoramic shot and use it in my digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment