Saturday 15 December 2012

Evaluation 4: How did you use media technologies in the construction and research planning and evaluation stages

While constructing my media coursework and products, there are numerous technologies which i had to use in order to achieve my goals and progress with my products.

The first piece of technology i came across was a mac computer. i was really excited when i found out that i was going to be using this to do my work. However, i had no idea that these computers were so different to windows computers. I spent quiet a bit of time just learning how to use it, but eventually i got there. One of the biggest advantages for using this mac is how easy it is to take a screenshot. Screenshots are used almost everywhere in my coursework, and unlike windows you do not have to print screen and save it as an image, this does it straight away.

Another piece of technology i used was final cut. This program enabled me to edit clips and create a music video. It also lets me add effects and transitions to make my video more professional. Once again i had never come across this program before and had to learn how to use it. This i would say is the second most important media technology i had to use as it was needed to make my animatics, trailer, preliminary tasks and my music video. Once i had learned how to use final cut i really found it interesting when editing my music video, as i could cut to the beat, make clips faster or slower, change to colour and add special effects such as 'dazzle' onto the clips.




I used adobe photoshop to create my digipak and my magazine advert. I have always known that learning how to use photoshop was a really long task. After having my friend teach me the basics about photoshop such as layers, creating my digipak and magazine advert became much more easier. For my digipak back cover, i blurred to background of the image in order to focus the audiences attension on the actor. Secondly, i used the magic wand tool which deleted to background of an image which allowed me to place to image on another without showing its background.



For my music video, i used this canon legria hfs100. This is a high definition camera which allowed us to take HD footage and shots. This camera was quiet easy to use, the menus were simply to flick through, the buttons were easy to see, and switching from movie mode to photomode etc was literally a push of a button. This camera made my life easy in terms of filming to footage and most importantly, it produced HD footage which was a great boost in producing our music video.



This is the exact tripod that my partner and i used to film our music video. We cannot stress enough how important using the tripod is. Using the tripod is allowed us to film steadily without unwanted movement. Moreover, the tripod allowed us to lengthen and shorten each leg so that we could film at really extreme angles and still have the camera clipped to the tripod. In relation, by rotating that little handle attached to the left on the head of the tripod, it raised to height of the camera which allowed us to film at a greater height rather than having to find something to stand on.



For my audience feedback for the ancillary tasks and music video i used my phones. I had download the digipak, magazine advert and my music video on my phone and showed my friends. I made a note of the feedback i recieved and made adjustments accordingly. I feel without feedback, the product cannot be as best is it could be. My teacher also tweeted my music video and ask for feedback, this enabled me to get feedback from a wider age group. As most of my friends that i asked were in our target audience so this feedback was vital for me.





Finally, blogger is the most important media technology that i used because all of my work went onto this. Blogger is really easy to use, there are no problems with it in terms of crashing and also i was able to use it on my phone with was really handy. When i first came across this last year, i was not comfortable and confident with it. However, as time passed and more work went into the blog i started becoming more confident and more comfortable with it. At present i really enjoy posting work onto blog and know how to use it perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment