Monday 10 December 2012

Magazine Advert

The pictures below show my progression of my magazine advert for my artist and album. After doing my research in what to include in an magazine advert, i have found out that certain things are needed. These are: the artist and album name, ratings from newspapers and music magazines, quotes and a shot of the artist himself, which should be pre dominant on the cover.






These pictures above are from a website whoch provides different fonts. For my album name and artist name i wanted a sort of handwritten effect, so i went on this website and tried some samples.
I came to a descision to choose the font jellyvakes which is the the fourth font down in the second picture.


This is a screenshot of my magazine cover in the making in adobe photoshop. I have had to learn about layers and special settings in order to make my magazine cover what i wanted it to be.


 Here above is a picture of the amount of layers i had to use because each different text and image had to have its oen layer or it will effect other images and texts when trying to manipulate it. I have also named the different layers so i can easily select them without getting confused.



 One tool i had to use was the magic wand tool. Originally this amazon logo had a black background which wouldnt fit on the advert becasue i wanted to place it in a space that had a white background. So i used the magic wand to tool to remove this black background so its looks like the logo above.


This is a screen grab of my magazine advert which is almost finished. The amazon logo no fits on the page, and i have quotes from other magazines with the album name and artist name clearly shown. I have already recieved feedback on this, the main improvement i need to make is that the top left corner is too cramped, i need to space it out more. I have given it some thought and came to the decsision to create a bit more headroom so i can make his name go across the top and give a little more space in the top left.

No comments:

Post a Comment